[radvd-devel-l] Multiple radvds in a local network

Marc Singer elf at buici.com
Thu Aug 18 16:56:29 EDT 2011

Greetings,

I have been looking at the relationship between the router advertisements
and local routing tables.  For example, I've observed that enabling ipv6
forwarding on a host will block updates to the default ipv6 route on that
host
as learned by listening to router advertisements.  My goals are similar to
those
pursued by Mr. Nathan.

ATM, I'm still researching.  I haven't been able to find documentation about
*how* router advertisements are expected to be used.  For example, should
the kernel be expected to add routes to networks published as router
advertisements?

Are there any suggestions as to where to read-up on the uses of router
advertisements?

Cheers