[radvd-devel-l] IgnoreIfMissing

Reuben Hawkins reubenhwk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 23:50:11 EST 2011

Hi All,

I'd like to change the default for IgnoreIfMissing from off to on.  The main
reason being if the hub/switch to which RADVD is connected loses power and
the only interface goes down, RADVD will exit (and will not restart when the
switch/hub regains power).  Setting IgnoreIfMissing in the config is simple
enough, but I'd like to make RADVD as resilient/robust as possible with
minimal configuration.  I'd also like to deprecate IgnoreIfMissing (now) and
eventually remove it (much later).

If there are reasons not to do this, please let me know...

Also, if you have any other ideas to make RADVD more resilient, please let
share...

Thanks in advance,
Reuben