[radvd-devel-l] radvd not starting with different logmethod than default

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Tue Jan 3 01:45:22 EST 2012

On Mon, 2 Jan 2012, Reuben Hawkins wrote:
> I'm not sure about the code I removed to make it work.  I removed code
> which was closing and reopening the log.  This was somehow breaking
> privsep.
>
> Does anybody know why the close/reopen was in there?

The first part was before my time (AFAIR) but a part of it was due to
stderr syslogging with forking:

https://github.com/reubenhwk/radvd/commit/61bb845a319cd0a23ef2edb762712779604eff22

So I think this had something to do with logging working correctly
with a) forking and/or b) privilege dropping and c) different
logmethods.

Pekka