[spook-l] Out of frame buffers using two cameras

Nathan Lutchansky lutchann at litech.org
Wed Feb 8 11:51:28 EST 2006

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006, mischung at surfeu.de wrote:

> Hi...
>
> I have a problem running spook with two cameras...I added a new output
> directive to the InputDC-Block for the second camera and created a new
> Encoder-Block for the second stream and also a new RTSP-Block for the
> second Encoder-Output.
>
> As I start Mplayer with the second stream I get the warnings "Ack! Out
> of frame buffers" or "Exchanger is full. Dropping frame" before Spook
> is killed.

It sounds like your system may not be fast enough to encode two streams at
once?

> Has anybody an idea how to fix this problem? I can not find the part
> of the source code to change the frame buffer size. It is not the Frame
> Heap as I think.

There are two arguments to the FrameHeap configuration directive.  The
first is the number of buffers that should be allocated, and that's the
number you can try increasing.  The second (optional) argument is the size
of the buffers in bytes, which will need to be increased only if you're
using frames larger than 352x288.  -Nathan